spoon

Thai Chicken Fettuccine

Category: ,



A couple weeks ago I put Thai Chicken Fettuccine on my menu plan. The recipe I made was from Taste of Home and boy was it good! I am always looking for ways to use up extra cooked chicken that I have in the freezer. This seemed like a perfect way to get stuff out of the freezer and on the table.

These directions below are right from the Taste of Home website but I am putting them below to keep things easy. Take a look at their site for a better picture than I could ever take.

Thai Chicken Fettuccine

  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
  • 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Directions
  • For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set aside.
  • Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear (obviously I didn't do this because I used pre-cooked chicken but if you don't have any than follow these directions). Add red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
  • Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment