spoon

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Category: ,



This meal couldn't be any easier or more impressive. I used to make it almost every time we had company until my husband said I needed to switch it up a bit. It does take a little bit of advanced planning but not work.

I got this recipe from my Grandma several years ago after we had it at her house. She makes her own BBQ sauce which I have done but I rarely have time to do it now. I usually use a bottle from my stockpile in the garage.

It makes a perfect warm weather meal that is oh so good!

Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pork Roast of any kind (I usually use whatever is the cheapest, sometimes even country style ribs)
Hamburger Buns
BBQ Sauce

Seriously those are the only ingredients!

1 Day Before Serving
Put pork in crock pot and set to low. Cook for 6-8 hours depending on how big your meat is. I put it in when I go to work and turn it off when I come home for the day.

Once meat it cooled shred and put in the refrigerator.

Serving Day
There is tons of flexibility here. If I am doing a huge amount to serve guests I will put the shredded pork back in the crock pot with BBQ sauce and turn to low for 4 hours.

If it is just my husband and I, usually I will put the pork and BBQ sauce in a saucepan on the stove top set on low just until it warms. This doesn't take much time at all.

I imagine you could even do it in the microwave but I have never tired it.

Once the pork is warm serve it on toasted hamburger buns. I always serve it with coleslaw because the creaminess of the coleslaw compliments the pork so well.

Now if you have a roast sitting in your freezer begging to be used take this idea and go!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment