spoon

Macaroni and Cheese

Category:




As promised here is the recipe I made last week that was new to us. I usually make a semi-healthy macaroni and cheese but needed to use up some American cheese I had in the freezer. This turned out so so good! My husband loved it as well as my Dad. To me is tasted more restaurant style then my usual recipe.

I am afraid of making my healthy version now that my husband loves this!

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

1 Pound Macaroni
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 Cups of Milk
1 Pound Sliced American Cheese
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese

Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally for 7-10 minutes, or until macaroni is just cooked. Pour macaroni into a colander and drain.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly until mixture starts to bubble. Add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Add remaining milk and cook, stirring frequently for 10 to 15 minutes or until it comes to a boil.

Remove pan from heat, add American cheese slices, and stir until cheese is completely melted. Add macaroni and stir gently until it is completely coated with cheese.

Place macaroni in a large baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Comments (2)

This looks gorgeous! I love the simple ingredients, too. Nothing better than a good old mac and cheese! YUM!

It was good. I really liked how crunchy the top got with the Parmesan cheese.

Post a Comment