spoon

Oroweat Sandwich Thins Party

Category: , , ,



Recently I was selected by House Party to host a sandwich party featuring Sandwich Thins. I had never tried these before and I wanted to use them in more ways than just having sandwiches. I thought about what to do for a long time and decided on three things. The first was roasted garlic with toasted Sandwich Thins, then I made Pesto Chicken Paninis, and Mini Cheese Pizzas. Everything was yummy. My favorite was the toasted thins with roasted garlic and I had quite a few people who loved the paninis.



Roasted Garlic with Toasted Sandwich Thins

2 Bulbs of Garlic
Sandwich Thins (I used four but you can make however many "chips" you want)
Olive Oil
Salt

Cut top off garlic bulbs and place in foil. Drizzle cut side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Enclose in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Just before garlic is done split the Sandwich Thins, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Using a pizza cutter cut the thins into fours. Put in 350 degree oven and bake until they reach your desired crispness (I did mine for 10-15 minutes).

When done serve the toasted thins with the roasted garlic. Delish!


Pesto Chicken Panini (Not a great picture above but I was trying to show how good the insides looked)

Desired Number of Sandwich Thins
Prepared Pesto
Mayo
Chicken
Swiss Cheese

Spread pesto on one side of the bread and then spread mayo on the other side. Fill with chicken and cheese (Spinach would also be good to add but we didn't have any). Put inside of a panini press or George Foreman Grill. Cook until the cheese is melted and bread is toasty.

Mini Cheese Pizza (Didn't realize I forgot to picture these..bummer)

Desired Number of Sandwich Thins
Pizza Sauce or Pasta Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese

Split Sandwich Thins and spread pizza sauce on the bread. Top with cheese and cook in 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasty.

There are so many other ways these Sandwich Thins can be used. Right now I am going to take the few we have left and fill them with peanut butter and jelly then freeze to make my own "Uncrustables." The only thing that would probably make me like them better is if the whole wheat white ones were available at my store. I know it isn't the healthiest but I do love white bread.

If you are interested in trying Sandwich Thins I have three $1.00 off 1 coupons left. Leave a comment with your email address and I will pick a winner on Wednesday, March 10th. They are good until 6/30/2010 so you have plenty of time to use them. Enjoy!




**These coupons were given to me by Oroweat to use at my house party. Oroweat did not pay me to have the party or this giveaway (I wish they had though-how cool would that have been?!?!) but did give me coupons to use for myself and guests of my party. I am sharing with you some of the leftovers.**

Comments (5)

Hi! I'd love to try these!

thecouponchica at hotmail dot com

don't u just love roasted garlic?!

Sheena,

I just tried the Sandwich Thins warm with turkey, tomato, red onion, and my cucumber yogurt sauce from this post:
http://twogirlsandanappetite.blogspot.com/2009/12/falafel-pitas-with-cucumber-yogurt.html

It was so good! Thanks for the leftovers :)

Sheena,

I just tried the Sandwich Thins warm with turkey, tomato, red onion, and the cucumber yogurt sauce from our vegetarian section.

It was so good! Thanks for the leftovers :)

I would love to give these a try!

kelseyprinty at yahoo dot com

Post a Comment