spoon

Monday Night Veggies

Category: , , ,


Let me start out by telling you a funny story about my trip to the grocery store today. I usually go to a big chain store but today I was found myself next to a health food store so I decided to do my shopping there. As I was in the produce aisle I heard some music and out walked a person playing the trumpet, another person playing the accordion and harmonica, and lastly a person with some cymbals?!? I am still not sure what to think about all this and they continued to do loops around the store for the duration of my shopping. Needless to say, it was very interesting but fun. Perhaps I will have to go back next Monday to see if this is normal.


Now on to the food! Since the health food store had so many colorful vegetables I turned the entire meal into a veggie night. First I made a guacamole dip with avocado, tomato, green onions, cilantro, and garlic (served with chips of course!). For the main meal we had burritos with red and yellow peppers, onions, mexican rice, cheese, and sour cream. For the side we had a green salad with ranch. I know I like to make a lot of recipes but sometimes there is something so refreshing in just mixing simple ingredients together. It was very needed.

I am so excited to continue on with my food for the week. Next to come for me are greek pitas, shrimp pasta, and beef stroganoff. Also, check out Sheena's Menu Plan Monday for more yummy meals...

Hope you all have a good week!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment