spoon

Buffalo Chip Cookies

Category:



I made these cookies last week and took some into my office. Upon the request of one of my co-workers I made another larger batch this week and took them into work. I set them down and within 30 minutes the whole plate was gone and the person who had requested I make them never even got to try one. I felt so bad that I didn't pull one out for her but I had no idea people would eat these so fast! I owe her another batch, maybe next week if the spirit moves me. I had so many requests for the recipe I thought I should share it here.

I always make a half batch of these because the original recipe is so big it doesn't really fit in my Kitchen Aid Mixer. Below is my half batch recipe.

Buffalo Chips (Originally from Hometown Recipes a section of American Profile)

1/2 Cup Margarine
1/2 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Quick Oats
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Coconut
1 Cup Rice Krispies
3 Ounces Chocolate Chips (I always just throw in a few handfuls and call it good)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl cream margarine and shortening. Add sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and baking powder. When well blended stir in coconut, Rice Kripsies, and chocolate chips. When batter is thoroughly mixes drop on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden.

Right out of the oven they are amazing!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment