spoon

Oreo Cake

Category:


We had my parents over for dinner last night and I decided we needed a dessert to serve to them. I wanted to make use of things we already had so starting with a white cake mix I wondered what I should make. I am not a huge fan of cake so I wasn't all that excited about this challenge. I did a quick search on All Recipes.com using a white cake mix and found one for Cookies 'n Cream Cake. Since I had a half eaten package of Oreos I thought this would be a perfect way to use up two things.

I changed the recipe slightly from the recipe online and everyone loved it. Even I loved it and since I almost always pass on cake you know that means it was good. I also took some to work and it was eaten before noon. It is now almost 5:00 and the cake is gone except for 1 little piece which I have been picking at since coming home. Not good for my waistline but oh so good in my mouth.

If you have a reason to make dessert anytime soon I suggest you give this one a try.

Oreo Cake

1 White Cake Mix
Ingredients needed to make the cake according to package directions
1 Cup Crushed Oreos
1 Tub of Chocolate Frosting

Mix up cake according to package directions. By hand stir in crushed Oreo pieces. Pour cake into desired pan and bake according to package directions. Let cake cool then frost with chocolate frosting. If desired crush a few extra cookies and sprinkle over the top.

There are so many ways you can change up this cake depending on your taste and allotted time. You could add more crushed cookies, make homemade frosting, use white frosting, etc. I kept this simple since it was a work night.

Happy Eating!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment