spoon

Mexican Macaroni and Cheese

Category: ,


This meal began as an experiment in using up leftovers. It started when I made queso over the weekend for my husband and I to enjoy. Thankfully the two of us didn't eat a pound of cheese dip and come Tuesday I still had a bowl left. I decided I was going to combine it with pasta and some taco seasoned ground beef I had in the freezer to make Mexican Macaroni and Cheese. It turned out yummy with a little spice which was nice. I am listing the recipe as if you were making it from scratch since not everyone has leftover meat and dip.

Enjoy this super easy dinner in no time!

Mexican Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 Pound Ground Beef, cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning
3/4 Pound Velveeta
1 Can Rotel
8 Ounces Pasta (two cups)
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Cook pasta according to packaged directions. While pasta is cooking melt Velveeta and Rotel in the microwave stirring often. When the pasta is cooked drain and return to pan. Over low heat add the Velveeta and Rotel mixture along with the cooked ground beef to the pasta. Stir to combine. Finally add salt and pepper to taste. From here you can eat it or pour it into a casserole dish and bake until the top gets a little crunchy which I LOVE!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment