spoon

Finally! Chicken Noodle Soup

Category:


I have had Chicken Noodle Soup on my menu plan for weeks now! Tonight I finally made it for dinner. I feel proud of myself for getting to it for once. What accomplishment! This recipe comes from Swanson. I tore it out of Family Circle back in October 2008. I make it more often than most of my recipes because it is a nice comfort food that is good for you. Tonight I made my own noodles to put in it which I don't normally do. They were a little thick so next time I need to roll them thinner. It was good though. A nice end to a busy day.

Swanson Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Onion Soup
2 Cups Roasted Chicken Cut into Strips
2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
2 Medium Onions, thinly sliced
8 Cups Chicken Broth
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (I used quite a bit more than this but we love pepper in soup)
2 Medium Carrots, sliced
2 Stalks Celery, sliced (left this out because I didn't have any on hand)
3/4 Cups Uncooked Pasta

Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to brown stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until the onions are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat.


Heat the broth, black pepper, carrots and celery in a 4 quart saucepan over medium high heat to a boil. Stir the pasta and chicken in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the onions and serve immediately.


This is me making pasta. Do you ever make pasta from scratch?? Do you have a great recipe I should try? This recipe was from Bob's Red Mill.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment