spoon

Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread

Category:



Today I woke up still in the Valentine's mood. I decided that I would bake Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread with my heart pan. This is just the box recipe from Betty Crocker and a homemade glaze. I learned a few tricks while making this one. I didn't have the vegetable oil or the eggs and didn't think I would be able to make it. Then I decided to do some research and found that you can sub eggs for 1/2 cup milk each and the same amount of butter instead of vegetable oil. Learn something new everyday! They turned out just as moist and delicious as ever.
.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
.
1 box Better Crocker lemon poppy seed muffin mix
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil (in my case 1/3 cup butter)
2 eggs (I used 1 cup milk)
Mix. Heat oven to 375. It took about 35 minutes or until golden
.
Glaze - From Betty Crocker website.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine all ingredients and pour over warm bread.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment