spoon

Hawaiian Dinner for Two

Category: ,



My husband and I spent our honeymoon on the beautiful island of Maui back in 2006. I can't believe we are already working on our 4th year of marriage. I guess time flies when you are having fun.

On our trip we ate at this place called the Aloha Mixed Plate. It was one of our favorite places so when we got home I tried to duplicate their mixed plate meal of teriyaki chicken, rice and fabulous macaroni salad. I think it has something to do with the cultural past of Hawaii that their mixed plates come with macaroni salad and rice. I know two starches together doesn't sound good but trust me in this meal they are amazing!

When I make a mixed plate at home I always have chicken, rice, macaroni salad, and grilled veggies. I added the grilled veggies to get a vegetable in the meal. The only thing that really takes a recipe is the macaroni salad. For the chicken I use a bottle of teriyaki sauce, marinate the chicken for a while and then we grill or bake it in the oven. My favorite sauce is Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki.

Where the real winner of this meal comes in is the macaroni salad. I found this recipe somewhere online but I can't remember where. It is a perfect replica of our favorite Hawaiian side dish.

Hawaiian Macaroni Salad

Large Macaroni (my recipe doesn't have an amount but I usually use 2-2 1/2 cups)
1/4 Cup Grated Carrots
1 Cup Best Foods Mayonnaise (THIS IS A MUST)
1/4 Cup Milk
Salt and Pepper

Cook macaroni until tender. Add grated carrots, mayonnaise, and milk till well coated. Salt and pepper to taste.

So good! Enjoy your Hawaiian dinner!


Comment (1)

Can't wait until we have 4 years!! PS Your mom gave me all your old wedding magazines tonight. I am so excited to go through them! Thanks :)

Post a Comment