spoon

Menu Plan Monday

Category:


We had the most wonderful weather this weekend. The sun finally came out after what feels like months of rain. I even got a little sun burned on my arms! I am just scared that by Tuesday it will all be a distant memory and we will be in rain again.

This week we have a few things that will make for an interesting dinner week. On Wednesday we are having a friend over for dinner, Friday we are hosting a couples wedding shower at our house, Saturday we are going to a graduation party, and Sunday is Father's Day so I am sure that it will be busy. With all that in mind here is what I am thinking for the week but no guarantees it will all play out.

Dinner

Monday
: Mom and Dad

Tuesday: Fresh Pasta, Light Alfredo, salad or peas, watermelon

Wednesday: Chicken and Rice Casserole (I am thinking of adapting it for the crock pot. Any idea of what I need to do to make it work??), banana muffins, watermelon, salad. I should probably have a dessert too since we will be having company but we will see.

Thursday: Mexican Flautas, salad, Sweet Corn Tomalito (I have had this on my menu plan twice this month and have never had time to make it. Hopefully this will be my week).

Friday: Shredded Beef Tacos (freezer-this meal has to be quick and easy since we will be getting ready for a party).

Saturday: Graduation Party-If we eat dinner before we go it will be pesto pasta.

Sunday: Father's Day

Breakfast

Monday: Pumpkin Pancakes (these have been on my plan a lot lately because I am using up all the pumpkin in the freezer and we absolutely love them)

Tuesday: Banana Bread

Wednesday: Peanut Butter Granola

Thursday: Oatmeal

Friday: Pumpkin Pancakes

Have a great week!

See more menu plans at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Comments (8)

Thanks for visiting my blog. How do you make your alfredo light?

Your menu sounds great. I don't know what recipe you use for the chicken and rice casserole, but it should be pretty simple to adapt. Most recipes I've seen call for minute rice though, and I don't know what you plan to use. I did find this recipe that uses regular rice: http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,188,159185-242207,00.html
You might find a similar recipe to yours online and just go from there. Maybe you could even partially cook your rice ahead of time then add it with everything so it doesn't get too done. I find though that it's pretty difficult to mess stuff up in the crock pot!
Hope it turns out well for you!

Thank you for the help with the casserole. The link makes it sound really easy. I will try it and see what happens. Hopefully it is at least edible since we will have company for dinner.

Great idea to have watermelon for dessert! I'm doing that this week.

Wow! You really have a full week. I would love to see you at What's On the Menu Wednesday this week. Come check it out:)

Congratulations to the graduate!

I really enjoyed my visit to your blog. Have a great week!

I finally got the link up for the light Alfredo. You must try it! Super good!

Hi your menu sounds great have a nice week :D

Post a Comment