spoon

Applesauce Pancakes

Category:



Usually when I search for new recipes online it is because I have something in my fridge that needs to be used up like the half and half a couple weeks ago. This time what was in my fridge was a little bit of applesauce.

I had opened my Grandma's home canned applesauce for pork chops and we ate most of the jar but the little bit on the bottom was going begging. I hate to waste food so I searched on All Recipes.com and found this recipe for Applesauce Pancakes. They were yummy with a hint of sweetness from the applesauce. They were also easy enough that I could whip up a batch before I went to work. Perfect!

Applesauce Pancakes
from All Recipes.com

2 Cups Pancake Mix
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
2 Eggs
1 Cup Applesauce
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Milk

In a large bowl, stir together pancake mix and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the pancake mix. Add the eggs, applesauce, lemon juice and milk; stir until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both side and serve hot.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment