spoon

Apricot-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Noodles

Category: ,



I mentioned that one of my favorite cookbooks is Quick Fix Meals by Robin Miller. My husband actually gave it to me for our first wedding anniversary because it was a paper gift. I thought it was cute that he knew what a traditional first anniversary gift was. I have tried many recipes from it and always love them.

Tonight I tried something new from the book, Apricot-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Noodles. It has been on my "to be tried" list for quite a long time. It was very spicy to me but still delicious. I never liked spicy food before I got married but somehow my husband has changed that.

I know many of you really wanted this recipe so here it is.

Apricot-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Noodles
by Robin Miller (with slight changes made by me)

12 Ounces Soba Noodles
1/2 Cup Sliced Pickled Jalapenos, drained
1/2 Cup Apricot Preserves
1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Scallions
2 Tablespoons Minced Pickled Ginger (we didn't have any so I left this out)

Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions, then drain.

Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.

In a blender or food processor, combine the jalapenos, apricot preserves, cilantro, salt, and pepper and process until smooth.

Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and top with the jalapeno mixture. At this point I marinated mine all day while I was at work. Robin says you can leave it covered in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for 3 months just thaw completely before baking.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Toss noodles with soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and ginger (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chicken over noodles.

Comments (2)

I've been waiting for this recipe since you posted it on your meal plan. I love sweet and spicy!

It was good and spicy. I think next time I might add a little more of the apricot preserves to make it a little sweeter.

Post a Comment