spoon

Bananna Split Cake

Category: ,



I was trying to think of original foods to serve at a shower I was hosting over the weekend. My mom gave me the idea to make this cake which she used to make all the time. If you like banana splits you will love this cake. It would have been even better served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. MMM!

Banana Split Cake

1 Package Yellow Cake Mix (prepared according to packaged directions. Bake in 11x17 pan.)
2 Small Packages Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 Cups Cold Milk
2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, softened
1 Can Crushed Pineapple, drained
4-6 Bananas Sliced
1 Tub Cool Whip
Hershey's Chocolate Sauce
Cherry Pie Filling
Chopped Nuts (optional and I left them off because I hate nuts)

Once cake is baked and cooled mix pudding with two cups of cold milk. When the pudding starts to set blend in the cream cheese until smooth. Frost cake with the pudding and cream cheese mixture. On top of the pudding mixtures put a layer of pineapple, then a layer of bananas. Frost that with a layer of Cool Whip. Drizzle the top with Hershey's Chocolate Sauce and top with cherry pie filling and nuts.

Eat and be happy.

Comments (2)

Yum! That not only looks devine but sounds delicious. I wish I had a piece or two right now!!

It does look delicious. I'm sure it was a hit at the party. I hope you'll join our link up tomorrow!
http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/06/introducing-no-whine-wednesday-with-chef-tracy/

Post a Comment