spoon

Mexican Flautas

Category:


Sometimes I make something so ridiculously easy that it shocks even me. This was one of those meals. I had leftover turkey chili in the freezer I wanted to do something with and Robin Miller came to the rescue again. I just can't tell you how much I love her cookbook!

I varied this a little bit from her original recipe to use up leftover cilantro lime rice in the freezer but I will give you the recipe as she gives it. You will devour these and be so impressed with their ease. You can also do like I did and throw other leftovers into the filing. I love it!

Mexican Flautas

1 Cup Leftover Chili
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 Flour Tortillas

Coat baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the chili and cheddar cheese. Arrange the tortillas on a flat surface. Top each one with an equal amount of the chili mixture, making and even line down the center. Roll up the tortillas and secure with toothpicks (I didn't need to do this I just put them seam side down in the pan and touching). Place the flautas side by side in the prepared pan.

Spray the top of the tortillas with cooking spray, then bake at 400 degrees until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Comment (1)

That is ridiculously easy, and such a great idea. I hope you'll come over and link up today!
http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/06/no-whine-wednesday-fennel/

Post a Comment