spoon

Feast for the Eyes

Category:



Once in a while I like to share some of the fun foods others make and I get to eat. It is wonderful to eat something you haven't made. I don't know why but for me it always tastes better coming from someone else. It might have to do with still being hungry when it is served because I didn't "test" the food as I was cooking.

These pictures are from a bridal dinner I went to last week. I was the Matron of Honor in a friend from high school's wedding and she had a dinner to thank all of us for sharing in her big day.

The food they served was amazing! I am sorry I don't have pictures of dessert. I ate it too fast!

The top picture was coconut shrimp with a sweet chili dipping sauce. I could have eaten 10 but trying to be more lady like I kept it to 2.

The other appetizer was these shrimp salad rolls. They were served with a peanut dipping sauce. I learned how to make something very similar in a cooking class a year ago and I had forgotten how much I like them. They will probably be making a summer appearance on my menu plan soon.



Our main dish was teriyaki chicken, rice, marinated cucumbers and green beans. It all tasted so fresh and perfectly cooked. My favorite item on the plate was the marinated cucumbers. Wow they were amazing! When my garden starts producing cucumbers this will be making a regular appearance at our menu plan.



Now after seeing all that don't you wish you had been in the wedding too?!?

Comment (1)

The food at the wedding looks delicious. I want to taste one of those shrimps!

I hope you'll link up to No Whine Wednesday today!
http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/06/no-whine-wednesday-just-for-the-halibut/

Post a Comment