spoon

Perfect Fall Morning- Pumpkin Pancakes

Category:


Some time ago I tore a recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes out of a Martha Stewart magazine. I have made them several times so far and they are so so so good! I have even made them for friends when we vacationed together last fall and they loved them too. They have just the right hint of pumpkin and spice to be amazing. Martha got these 100% right. Try them soon before the "pumpkin" season is over.

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 1/4 Cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Pinch of Cloves
1 Cup Milk
6 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin Puree
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter -Plus more for baking
1 Egg

Whisk together the first 6 ingredients (through cloves). In a separate bowl stir together the remaining 4 ingredients. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour 1/2 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup. Make 8-10.




Now a note about the syrup. When I was in Canada back in September I purchased a bottle of ridiculously expensive maple syrup. We tried it for the first time on these pancakes and I can't even describe to you how good it was. The best syrup I have ever put in my mouth. It tasted so fresh and delicate. Not overpowering, not super sweet, just amazing! I am not sure what I will do once this bottle is gone.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment