spoon

Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad

Category:



Time for one of my favorite super easy holiday season side dishes. I got this from kraftfoods.com back in 2007 but I have seen various versions of it floating around the internet and magazines. I love it for several reasons 1) I love Jello! 2) I love how refreshing it is 3) it is so easy! I prepared this last week to go with the roasted chicken I made for my Grandparents and everyone (well maybe not my husband since he doesn't like cranberries) loved it.

Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad

1 Can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
2 Pkg. (4-serving size each) or 1 pkg. (8-serving size) raspberry jello
1 Can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Medium apple, chopped

Drain pineapple, reserving liquid in 1 qt liquid measuring cup. Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into large saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce; stir until well blended. Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.

Stir in remaining pineapple and apples. Stir gently until wll blended.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

Eat and enjoy! This is my favorite side dish for the Bloggy Progressive Dinner.

Comment (1)

This sounds delish! :D

Post a Comment