spoon

Thanksgiving

Category:

Thanksgiving went very well and we had so much fun all together. At the last minute two of our guests were unable to come because they got sick but we still enjoyed the rest of the group. My husband built a nice fire and with the stormy weather outside it just felt warm and inviting at our house. We had tons and tons and tons of food. Way more than we would ever be able to eat. My husband said we could have had ten more people. Our menu was the following:

Harvest Brie with Crackers for an appetizer
Holiday Punch and Sparkling Cider
Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Rolls
Green Salad
Fruit Salad
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream
Ice Cream

The Harvest Brie with crackers was super good but I was still making it as people arrived. I underestimated how long it would take. We ate quite a bit of it though. I had to serve something with Ritz crackers since I bought ten boxes of them last week to submit for a rebate making them free.

My mother in law's turkey was fantastic as always. She cooks her turkey in an oven bag making it so moist and juicy!

The mashed potatoes my mom made were great. They were make ahead potatoes but still so good. I was amazed how yummy they were. So good I didn't even want to put gravy on them. We ate them again on Friday night for dinner and were not disappointed. I will ask her for the recipe so I can share it here.

The stuffing I made was a recipe from the pastor's wife at our church. She made it for us last year and I loved it so I made it again. It is so easy and delicious. I have to warn you there is a lot of butter but like she said, "you only eat it once a year."

I wont go into detail about everything we had but it was all good, we all ate too much, and we all ended up on the couch afterward watching a Christmas movie we rented. Overall a perfect Thanksgiving!

PS-Pictures coming soon. Our camera has been broken but we just got a new one so pictures will be back!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment