spoon

Cream of Asparagus Soup Take 2

Category: , ,


Tonight I decided to be creative....
Since the boyfriend is still away I decided that it would be a good time to stock up on my soups and freeze them for the winter months. I made the same Cream of Asparagus Soup listed yesterday except I altered the recipe to what I have left in my fridge and brought the liquids way down to have maximum veggies. The result was a VERY healthy soup. Having a small cup of soup before your dinner in the winter months is so calming and if you have made it yourself, you know its good for you. Health benefits of this soup are as follows:

Spinach: anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, promotes eyesight, energy, gastrointestinal functions, and bone health
Asparagus: heart health, a natural diuretic, and best of all helps PMS symptoms!
Garlic: anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial to your insides
Onion: anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, bone health, gastrointestinal functions
Olive oil: heart health, anti-inflammatory, can lower blood pressure, bone health, and gastrointestinal functions

Ingredients
10 asparagus spears
1 garlic clove
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 onion
5 handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of pepper

I made the recipe the same as before except I added garlic in the beginning stage of sauteing the asparagus and onions. Then I added the vegetable broth and cooked for about 10 minutes until the asparagus was soft.

In another pan, I sauteed the spinach in olive oil just until wilted.

I combined both pans into the blender and waited until smooth. Again, pour the mixture through a colander and back into the pan. Add the milk, salt, and pepper and heat through.

Here's to eating something you know is healthy. Cheers!

- Seanna

Comments (0)

Post a Comment