spoon

Thyme-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Category:

For my side dish tonight I decided that I needed to use the sweet potato that I had bought earlier in the week. Instead of doing the standard roasting of it, I wanted a little more excitement. I did a simple google search of "roasted sweet potatoes" and found this great recipe. It called for 40 minutes but after checking them at 20, mine were just fine. This is a great alternative to the traditional sugary sweet potato that we all love. Sorry, I don't have a picture on this one. They were gone too fast!


  • 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 thyme sprigs for garnish
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 450°F. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss. Arrange potato slices in single layer on heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in 13x9-inch baking dish. Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with thyme sprigs.

Epicurious | November 2005

by Kathryn Matthews

www.epicurious.com

Comments (0)

Post a Comment