spoon

Glazed Carrots

Category: ,

I have never really liked cooked carrots until the day I tried this recipe. It is super simple and adds just enough glaze to the carrots to make them special. If you are lacking a side dish this week give these carrots a try.

Glazed Carrots from Betty Crocker's Dinner for Two Cookbook
4 Medium Carrots
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Teaspoons Carrot Liquid

Wash and scrape carrots (I used baby carrots so I skipped this part and the next). Slice carrots lengthwise. Cook, covered in small amount of boiling salted water 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and reserve 2 tsp. liquid. In skillet, heat sugar, butter, and carrot liquid until blended. Add carrots and heat 8 to 10 minutes until glazed and lightly browned.

Comment (1)

I have leftover carrots from my soup so I am thinking of making this later this week. Thanks Sheena! Looks yummy!

Post a Comment