spoon

Flour Tortillas

Category:

First off I have to say I forgot to take a picture of these. They were just so good that we ate them all before I realized it too. This recipe came from my cousin and it is so good and so easy! I am not sure if I will ever purchase tortillas again. You have to try this recipe next time you have Mexican food on the menu!

Flour Tortillas
2 Cups Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Cup Shortening
3/4 Cup Warm Water

Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add warm water to make medium stiff dough. Form dough into a ball and knead on floured surface until smooth.

Divide dough into 8 balls, roll into circles and place on non-greased hot pan. Cook until lightly brown with flecks on one side. Turn and cook other side.

What I did was roll one out and put it in the pan and then rolled the next one out while the first one was cooking. I kept the cooked ones on a plate covered with a clean dish towel. They were amazing!

Comment (1)

I made these tortillas last night after reading your blog yesterday. They were so good I made myself sick eating them! Thanks for the recipe! I wrote about them on my blog and gave you a shout out. Come check it out! http://foodjunkiefromtexas.blogspot.com/2010/03/homemade-flour-tortillas.html

Post a Comment