spoon

Pesto Ravioli

Category:


There is one more easy meal of mine that didn't make it on the blog last week. It is one of my favorite things to eat at home or at a restaurant....PESTO! I love, love, love it! During the summer my Grandma and I always make several huge batches and freeze it in individual portions. They are perfect for a quick meal. All you do it grab one from the freezer, defrost, and pour onto hot pasta. You can also buy it at the store and do the same thing on a hectic night but I just love the homemade version.

My favorite pasta to put the pesto on is ravioli or tortellini. Mmmmm...it sounds so good just writing about it I might have to bump something off of my menu plan for the week so we can eat this again.

This pesto recipe from the Food Network isn't the exact one I use with my Grandma but it is very similar minus the walnuts. If you have planted Basil for the summer this is a great way to use it and something you can enjoy all winter long.

Barefoot Contessa Pesto

  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 3 tablespoons chopped garlic (9 cloves)
  • 5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups good olive oil
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Place the walnuts, pine nuts, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process for 30 seconds. Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is thoroughly pureed. Add the Parmesan and puree for a minute. Serve, or store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top.

Comment (1)

I might have to try this with all the fresh basil from the garden this year! I love pesto too!

Post a Comment