spoon

Brownie Shortcake

Category: ,



We had company for dinner on Friday night and I had the whole meal planned out well in advance will all my ingredients purcahsed and ready to go. On Friday morning I realized I never thought about dessert. Over breakfast I decided I had to figure out what I was going to make. Since I work, the dessert had to be something I had all the ingredients for already. I stumbled upon this recipe that I tore out of a magazine. I am not sure when and I am not sure which magazine. It looked easy and a little more impressive than just a plate of brownies.

What I did was make a boxed brownie mix according to the packaged directions and baked them in a round pie dish. Once they were cooled I made a yummy topping (recipe below) that I got from my mom. Just before we ate I chopped up strawberries and spread them over the top. Very easy and a great wow factor. I could have just scraped the topping off and eaten it...so good!

Cream Cheese Topping

3 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Cool Whip

Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Spread over your favorite dessert.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment