spoon

Pumpkin Snack Bread with Icing

Category: ,



I know it really isn't the season for this but I am working to clear out my freezer to make room for the coming summer. We plant a big garden at my Grandparents house and have lots of stuff that gets a home in the freezer for the rest of the year. Right now I have quite a bit of stuff that still needs to be used up so for several weeks I have been working to use things we have.

Tonight what I wanted to use was some pumpkin that I cooked and pureed down last October. I was so excited when I learned how to do it that I made tons of pumpkin to freeze for later. I decided tonight was perfect to make Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Icing since I also had a little cream cheese to use up after the Taquitos last week.

I took the finished dessert to my parents to have after dinner and it was a huge hit. I was happy everyone liked it even though pumpkin isn't really a flavor you think of in April.



Pumpkin Snack Bread
(this is from a magazine but since all I have is a copy of a copy I am not sure which magazine)

1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Pure Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
1/3 Cup Plain Yogurt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 3/4 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

In a large bowl, with wire whisk, combine brown sugar and eggs. Add pumpkin, oil, yogurt, and vanilla; stir to combine.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until just combined.

Pour batter into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

For the icing I used this recipe from All Recpies.com Cream Cheese Icing -It was a winner :)

Comment (1)

That's a great recipe. I love to bake with pumpkin all year round, but it does taste the best in the fall doesn't it?

Thanks for coming by and linking to my menu. Come back next Monday if you like again.

Post a Comment