spoon

My Favorite (Healthy) Foods

Category: , , ,

I have been thinking about doing a favorite (healthy) food list for the last week because as a person with a degree in Community Health Education, I am often asked what I like to eat. This is a list of different foods in my kitchen that I end up buying very often. Click on each food item to learn more. Also, if you click on the links you can find coupons! I know Sheena probably just loved me saying coupons! : )

5. Cuties - A great way to add some fruit! They have a VERY sweet taste that will satisfy any sweet tooth out there. Plus, two small cuties has 4 grams of fiber! What dessert can do that?!

4. Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters - Nut Lovers - This granola snack is great because it is an easy way to get some nuts into your diet. It has a sweet honey flavor that is very addicting. Make sure you only eat the recommended serving on this one as there is some sugar. Sheena gave me this as a sample and now I am hooked!

3. Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries - I LOVE these! Alexia's entire brand of products is all natural and has zero trans fats. Sweet Potatoes have more vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium. Also you should always try to eat the rainbow in a day for your health so this gives you your orange! These fries are so good that I would eat these every day if I could. Try them soon!

2. Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Red Berry Crunch - This cereal was an unexpected find for me and now I can't get myself to buy anything else! It has flax seeds and is a great source of Omega 3's and you wouldn't even know it! It is a bran cereal with clusters and dried strawberries and raspberries. Also, the fact that it has 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber is great! Mmmm!

1. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - I know, you are shocked that this is on my HEALTHY food list! Ben & Jerry's is a great because not only is the ice cream some of the best tasting EVER, but it has some of the most simple ingredients you can find. There is a lot to be said about eating "clean" and only products with ingredients in which you can read and actually understand. Although you still want to eat a small amount since it is a dessert, have confidence knowing that is it real food and not made up of strange chemicals. And an added bonus to it all is that they have awesome activism and give to charitable organizations and are also into protecting the environment!

Is there anything that you absolutely love and want to share? We would love to hear about it! Leave us a comment and let us know! Thanks for reading!

Comment (1)

Super interesting! I did love the part about coupons :)

Post a Comment