spoon

Fresh Green Bean Casserole

Category:

My fiance is out of town again this week for work and so when I made my shopping list for the week I included green beans! He is allergic so I usually have to avoid making them. Green bean casserole has always been a favorite and so I wanted to try out a healthy alternative to this dish. I found this recipe at Country Living and decided to give it a try. In the end it is true to it's name being healthy, but not so true to the casserole part. It is a fine plain green bean dish with a little extras but I wouldn't call it a casserole at all. I ended up adding a little lemon, pine nuts, and leftover noodles to one half and a little bacon to the other half (shown). Both changes were good. Overall, I wouldn't say you should run out and try it but if you are looking for a small change in your green beans then here it is.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment