I made these Caramel Apple Bars to take to a family party and they were a big hit. We served them with ice cream which made them almost like a cobbler. It was super easy to put together and something I would definitely make again.
Caramel Apple Bars II
From All Recipes.com
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar (don't know why but I LOVE brown sugar)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/4 Cups Butter, Melted
2 Cups Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (I used a cool Pampered Chef tool)
1/2 Cups Chopped Walnuts (yes I hate nuts so I left these out)
1 1/2 Cups Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1/2 Cup Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10 inch jellyroll pan
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, quick cooking oats, brown sugar, and baking soda. Stir in the melted butter. Mix until crumbly. This is the crust. Press 1/2 of this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes in preheated oven.
3. In a small pan, over medium heat combine the caramel topping and the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. This is the caramel filling.
4. Spread apple slices evenly over the baked crust. Sprinkle on the nuts (if using). Then pour the caramel filling over the apple layer. Crumble the remaining crust mixture over the top of everything. Bake again for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before cutting into bars.
5. Prepare for all who eat to be impressed.