spoon

Christmas Cookies: Simple Fudge Tarts

Category:




Back to Christmas Cookies for me in my quest to get all of the recipes posted to this blog. These cookies were so easy to make and look impressive. The people I was making these with sure seemed to love them. The recipe calls for store bought peanut butter cookie dough. I didn't see any at Winco so I just made a batch of dough. It would be even easier if you had the pre-made dough however. This recipe comes from a Better Homes and Garden's Special Interest Publication that I purchased just after I got married in 2006. What a great investment! I have used it every year since. I think they publish the same recipes with different covers from year to year. If you see something like it at the store next holiday season I highly recommend you pick up a copy and keep it on file.

Simple Fudge Tarts

Refrigerated Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cups Sweetened Condensed Milk

(that is it-3 ingredients! I told you this was going to be easy!)

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick spray. Cut dough into six equal pieces. Cut each piece into four equal slices. Place each slice of dough into prepared cup.

2) Bake in preheated oven for 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and dough is slightly firm but not set. Remove from oven. Gently press a shallow indentation in each tart shell with the back of a measuring spoon.

3) Bake 2 minutes or more until edges of tart shells are firm and light golden brown. Let tart shells cool in cups on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove tart shells from cups. Cool completely on wire racks.

4) For filling, in a saucepan combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate melts. Spoon a generous teaspoon of filling into each cooled tart shell. Cool until filling is set.

Makes 24

Comment (1)

sounds good

Post a Comment