spoon

Christmas Cookies: Spritz

Category:


These little Christmas cookies are so easy to make and I have to say it is the best dough to eat ever (well second to Chocolate Chip Cookie dough but I don't make that for Christmas)! I used this same recipe when I made the cookie bouquet a few weeks ago. I also love these cookies because I don't have to decorate them. I add some sprinkles before they go into the oven and they come out looking so festive! I don't have a great cookie press though. That is something else to add to my ever growing wish list!

Spritz
1 1/2 Cups Butter, softened
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 1/2 Cups Flour

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.

2. Force unchilled dough through a cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet (this is important because if the sheet is greased they will not stick to the pan when coming out of the press. Also important to wipe down the sheets between batches for the same reason.) Add sprinkles before putting in the oven for 8-10 minutes.

And ta-da you are done. Eat and enjoy.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment