spoon

Great Meal-Chili Con Queso

Category:




Do you ever have one of those nights when everything you make turns out good? I know you were expecting me to say bad and lets just say I have had many of those nights when everything I make isn't even worth eating but tonight was different, tonight was amazing!

I had two goals today with my plan for dinner 1) use stuff out of our freezer to help clear out older stuff 2) use up sour cream in our fridge which was on the verge of going bad. I ended up making Chili Con Queso Mac from an old Rachel Ray episode (I printed the recipe in 2007 so it has been a while) to use up Chili in my freezer. I also made Easy Homemade Cheese Bread from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures to use up the sour cream. I am always happy with the recipes I take from her site. She is a great cook/chef!

If you want a guaranteed success whip both of these dishes up ASAP!

Chili Con Queso Mac

1 Pound Corkscrew Pasta, cooked until al dente
1 Tablespoon Vegetable or Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Flour
2 1/2 Cups Whole or 2% Milk (I used 2%)
3 Cups Yellow Cheddar Cheese, divided
1-2 Cups Leftover Chili

1) Preheat broiler on high or oven at 400 degrees.

2) Heat a medium, deep skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter. When the butter melts into the oil, add the flour and combine. Gently cook, whisking flour and butter together, until smooth and flour has had a chance to cook, about 1 minutes. Slowly add milk while continuing to whisk.

3) Gently bring milk to a bubble while stirring frequently. Allow the milk to thicken a bit then stir in 2 cups of cheese, a handful at a time.

4) Add 1-2 Cups of leftover chili, stir to combine thoroughly.

5) Taste and add a little salt, if you like. Add cooked pasta to sauce and coat completely by turning over and over in the cheese sauce.

6) Transfer to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Place baking dish under a hot broiler and brown the cheddar cheese on top or place in the oven for a few minutes.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment