spoon

Peppermint Bark

Category:


This peppermint bark is aMaZiNg!! I learned how to make this last week from a coworker and I was so excited about making it for the holidays. I am planning to give it away as gifts however I am hoping that I don't eat it all first! I was surprised how easy it was to make and now I don't know why we have been buying it for so long. You can also do a variation of this recipe by doing regular chocolate first and when it is half hard add the normal mixture to the top. This will make the same look found in the stores. Hope you enjoy. Happy holidays!

Ingredients
2 lbs vanilla melty wavers (from Winco in the bulk section)
1/8 teaspoon of Peppermint Oil
1 box candy canes, crushed (place in a ziploc bag and hit with a hammer. NOTE: My mother and I could only find candy canes that were individually wrapped! Try not to do this but if you do, it was a little funny!)
4 sheets of foil

Melt the wavers in a GLASS bowl, in the microwave. Do this slowly, 1.5 minutes, stir, then keep cooking at 30 second intervals until it is smooth with some chunks still visible. It will melt all the way as you stir in the other ingredients. Be VERY careful that you don't keep cooking until fully melted, it will burn. Add in the Peppermint oil and crushed candy canes. Pour and spread the mixture evenly (not too think) into foil covered cookie sheets. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes until the edges lift and it looks shinny. Pull of foil and break into the sizes you like. You should have enough for 4 cookie sheets worth.

More holiday cooking to come this week...pumpkin bread and old fashioned divinity!

Comment (1)

I am headed to Winco today so I think I will make this. Looks good. Where do you get peppermint oil?

Post a Comment