spoon

Menu Plan Monday

Category:



It is that time again....Menu Plan Monday! I can't believe how much easier making dinner is when you start with a plan at the beginning of the week. I find I don't waste any time thinking or planning during the week I just go straight into action. It is very nice to know exactly what needs to be in the fridge thawing or what needs to be in the crock pot before I got to work. If you have not tried making a menu plan you should give it a try.

This week is going to be very short because of CHRISTMAS!! I am so excited! I love this season and everything about it. I wish it didn't have to go so fast. I really liked having several weeks off while in college to fully soak in the magic of the season. What a shame to grow up.

Monday: No dinner at Mom and Dad's house this week. I am very disappointed but I will go on. We will be having Applesauce Chicken with Crock Pot Risotto if all goes well. I will also add a veggie but probably just green beans since I have tons of them.

Tuesday: Pasta E.Fagioli with bread and salad

Wednesday: Macaroni and Cheese with..... what to have with it??? I am not sure at this point. Hopefully inspiration strikes.

Thursday: Christmas Eve!! Dinner at Grandparent's house

Friday: Merry Christmas!!

Saturday: Not sure if we will be at home or out with the family so I am keeping it open

Sunday: Spaghetti since we never had it last week

That is all for today. Have a great week and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Comments (6)

I've been menu planning for a few years now and it's a money saver for our household.
You have a delicious menu planned!
I'm so glad that my husband isn't working on Christmas Eve and Christmas. He really needs the days off.
Here's wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

ps Please feel free to stop by my blog and leave a comment regarding "Do you still read the newspaper"?

Home made mac and cheese can be a meal all in its own. I love to have salmon cakes and/or stewed tomatoes with ours.

Salmon cakes sound good to me but I don't think I could get my husband to eat them. The best thing happened though and my mother in law invited us over for dinner and now I don't have to worry about it!! What could be better?!?!

Sounds like a good week! I like to mix ham cubes and chopped broccoli into my mac and cheese. I tried something new just last week though - slices of breakfast sausages mixed in. I don't know what compelled me to try it. It just sounded good. And it was good! :D

Oooh the breakfast sausage in the mac and cheese sounds really good! I might have to give that a try. It would add so much flavor.

All of your comments are making me want to try it too! We should see how many different types we can create.

Post a Comment