spoon

Butternut Squash Soup

Category:

Tonight I decided to continue with on with my winter of soup making. I wanted to try a new vegetable and so I searched my local grocery store and found...butternut squash. The recipe was my traditional soup format with squash instead. I served this soup with a side salad with sliced apples and pomegranate seeds and a dinner roll. It turned out to be a great winter meal. Hope you enjoy!
.
1 butternut squash, peeled
1 onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
Butter
Salt and pepper
Nutmeg
Optional: Swiss, or any other, cheese

Cut the squash into small squares (make sure you peel it and discard the seeds). In your pan, add butter and saute the onion for about 10 minutes. Add the squash and chicken stock. Cook the mixture until squash is tender then place in a blender and puree. Stir and add nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste. Optional: I added a few 1/2 inch squares of swiss cheese to the middle of the soup when done. It melts just a little bit and adds great character to the soup!

Comments (2)

This looks good I wonder if I could get Colin to eat it. He has a fear of squash.

A fear of squash?! haha

Post a Comment