spoon

Menu Plan Monday

Category:



UPDATE: I wanted to give a little update on how our weekly meal plan was going. We have loved both things I made from the new cookbook. The steaks were so easy and so yummy. I ended up with a ton of leftover meat though so I made Noodle Junk to use it up instead of doing the Peanut Butter Chicken. I still plan to make that though. It will probably be later in the month.

The Minestrone was great and it did use up all the leftover veggies I had in the fridge. It made so much soup that I called my Mom to come get dinner for her and my Dad. The two of them ate, we ate, and we still have enough for another dinner or 3+ lunches.

Hope everyone's week is going well. It is FRIDAY!!! Whoo Hoo!

_________________________________________________________________

Yesterday in the mail I got my copy of Make it Fast, Cook it Slow. I was so excited I took it with me in the car to the wedding we attended. Not so that I could read it on the way since I get car sick extremely easy but instead just so I knew it was with me. Yes I was that excited! So you will see a theme in my meal plan this week. I went to bed with the book last night and started marking all the things I want to make. I settled on these for the first week.

Monday: Dinner with Mom and Dad

Tuesday: Clean Out The Pantry Minestrone Soup, Bread and Salad (if I get to the store)

Wednesday: Indonesian Peanut Butter Chicken, Rice, Veggie of Some Kind

Thursday: A-1 and Dijon Steak, Potatoes, Peas

Friday: Out to Dinner

Saturday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Green Beans

Sunday: Enchiladas from Freezer

Comments (2)

I love Spaghetti!

You have a terrific menu planned.

Hey Sheena... wow I like the blog, I'm totally impressed! I actually cannot cook, but have been wanting to learn a few dishes... I'm pleased to say your site is going to be very helpful! I hope you and Colin are doing well, Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment