spoon

The Best Pumpkin Bread Ever

Category:

This is the pumpkin bread that my Mom and I made on Christmas morning. She made this recipe over Thanksgiving this year and I loved it so much that I wanted to eat it again at Christmas. It is from an old church cookbook compiled in 1984 by my great aunt. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. pumpkin or sweet potato (fresh or canned)

Sift dry ingredients together. Mix pumpkin, water, oil, and eggs. Pour into dry ingredients. Mix well. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, 15 min., until toothpick comes out clean. Cool before removing from pans.

PS This recipe freezes really nicely and I just remembered that I still have some. I guess I am going to have to get some right now!! That's how good it is.

- Seanna

Comment (1)

GREAT!!! recipe everyone should have an AWESOME!!! pumpkin bread recipe.
Geri

Post a Comment