spoon

Jello for the 4th of July

Category: , ,



I have to share the fun idea I did on Sunday for our 4th of July family BBQ. I know this is a little late for this year but the idea can be used for any holiday by changing the jello colors. I took our little set of shot glasses and made mini jello trifles.

I love making little finger foods in these glasses. It makes anything look fancier and for some reason stuff in little servings tastes better to me. For another party I had made mini chocolate trifles with Oreos but now back to the 4th of July.

I made blue jello using the quick set method and poured it into mini shot glasses half way up. I let that chill for 2 hours and then I mixed up red jello using the quick set method. I poured the red jello over the blue and then let that chill until it was firm.

Once the jello was set I piped Cool Whip on the top, sprinkled them with holiday sprinkles and finished with a 4th of July themed marshmallow. They turned out super cute and were very refreshing. I almost feel silly sharing this recipe because it is so easy to make.

Comments (2)

This is a great idea! I agree with you about putting desserts in little serving dishes. It looks so cute and everyone has their individual treat!

I am so glad you liked them. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment