spoon

Easy Crepes for Dinner

Category:



Over the weekend the weather was hot and our house was hot. I didn't want to heat anything up so I decided to make crepes. It has been a while since I made crepes but they are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I have an old Better Homes and Gardens Crepes Cookbook from 1976 that I got my recipe from. The recipe started with pancake mix....super easy! They turned out delicious and the leftovers have held up in the fridge well. I served leftover crepes with jam for breakfast this morning.

Pancake Mix Crepes

1 Cup Pancake Mix
1 1/4 Cups Milk
2 Eggs
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil

Combine all ingredients in bowl and beat with a rotary beater till blended. Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet. Remove from heat. Spoon in 2 tablespoons batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly. Return to heat and brown. The cookbook says to only brown once side but I ended up doing both sides. I also found it worked best when I used cooking spray between each batch.

We ate ours with sliced mango, strawberries, and powdered sugar. Yum!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment