spoon

Delish!

Category: ,



As usual our week hasn't gone according to my menu plan but it has been fun! Last night instead of making Gingery Chicken Tikka Kabobs with Minted Yogurt Sauce we ended up going to my in-laws for dinner.

It was so nice to have the night off from cooking and get to relax with family. My Husband's Sister just returned from a work assignment that kept her away since May. It was very nice to all be together and she brought us some amazing looking maple syrup which I am very excited to try.

Now back to the reason I titled this post delish. I ended up making the Gingery Chicken Tikka Kabobs with Minted Yogurt Sauce tonight and it was SO SO good! This will definitely be making an appearance at our house again.

I decided not to make the original pita recipe I linked to because I wasn't going to have enough time to do all the rising it needed. I ended up finding this recipe for pitas on All Recipes.com and they turned out beautifully. I would still like to try the other recipe when I have time. I also want to try this recipe but we will see. Do you have the best pita recipe?? If so please share!

Also if you try this Gingery Chicken Tikka Kabobs with Minted Yogurt Sauce please let me know what you think. I think it is amazing but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Gingery Chicken Tikka Kabobs with Minted Yogurt Sauce
from Working Mother Magazine June/July 2010

Marinade
2 Cups Plain thick Greek Style Yogurt (I used just regular plain yogurt because that is what I had)
1 (2-inch) Piece fresh ginger, peeled and pounded to a pulp
2-3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder (optional)
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1 Teaspoon Ground Cardamon
Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper to taste
Freshly Squeezed Juice of 1 Lemon

Yogurt Sauce
6 Tablesppons Plain Thick Greek-Style Yogurt (again I used regular plain yogurt)
Freshly Squeezed Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper to taste
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint (I know this is a huge difference but I used basil because that is what I had. Still super good!)

2 Pounds Chicken Breasts cut into bite size pieces

In a small bowl, whisk together marinate ingredient. In a large zip close bag toss chicken in the marinade making sure pieces are thoroughly coated. Seal bag, refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. I did overnight and then some since we grilled this at 9:00 PM the next day.

To prepare the yogurt sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in mint; set aside.

Drain chicken pieces, discarding any remaining marinade. Thread chicken onto prepared skewers and brush with melted butter. (We grilled ours without skewers since I was going to put them in pita bread anyway.)

Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill. Cook kabobs about 3 minutes on each side, until chicken is nicely browned and cooked through. Serve with minted yogurt sauce on the side for dipping.

I served mine with grilled veggies in a pita with the sauce on top. A perfect mid-summer meal!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment