spoon

Stuffed Shells

Category:



There is nothing fancy to this dinner I made but it looked like there was. It came about when I was digging through the cupboard looking for pasta to put in my soup and realized I had jumbo shells that needed to be used up. I took the recipe from the back of a Ronzoni box and tweaked it a little because of what we had on hand. They turned out to be so wonderful.

Meat-Filled Jumbo Shells
1 Package (12 oz) Ronzoni Jumbo Shells
1 Lb ground beef, pork or turkey (here is where I substituted cooked turkey I had leftover in the freezer and it worked perfectly.)
1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I only had 1 cup of mozzarella so I also used 1 cup of Swiss)
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 Eggs
1/2 Cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
2 Teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
3 Cups spaghetti sauce

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is thoroughly cooked and onion is tender; drain. In large bowl, stir together meat mixture, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.

In 13x9x2 inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce. Fill each cooked pasta with 1-1/2 level tablespoons meat filling; layer one-half filled pasta in prepared dish. Spread 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce evenly over pasta; layer remaining filled pasta over sauce. Spread remaining spaghetti sauce over pasta; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil; bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. For mine I didn't have enough to do a full second layer with the pasta so I just squeezed it all into one which turned out fine.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment