spoon

Finally the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Category: , ,



A while ago I posted a picture of the best chocolate chip cookies and then never had time to post the recipe. So today is your lucky day because I am ready to share. I got this recipe from my mother in law who sells Demarle cookware. It is in the Demarle 2009 Catalog that I was flipping through with her in September. She said it was the best ever and with those words it was on my list of things to make as soon as possible! In this recipie butter is key-do not use margarine! The dough is dry but somehow they turn out amazing! You should print this recipie right now and go give these a try.

Marlene Cain's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup butter at room temperature
1/2 Cup butter flavored Crisco
1/2 Cup white sugar
3/4 Cup light brown sugar
1 Egg
2 Teaspoons vanilla
1 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocoalte chips

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In a mixing bowl combine butter, butter flavored Crisco, white sugar, and brown sugar on high until well-blended. Add egg and vanilla and mix unitl blended. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until dry ingredients are incorporated. It may be necessary for you to mix by hand. Do not over beat. Dough should not be overly creamy, it should have some texture. Add chocoalte chips. Wrap in plastic and chill the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.


Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Make large golf-ball sized balls and place on cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges of cookie just begin to brown. Time will vary depending on your oven and the size of the cookie.



Check out other favorite desserts at The Finer Things in Life, host of the dessert part of the Bloggy Progressive Dinner.

Comments (4)

These look great! I'm not sure I can bring myself to use Crisco though. lol. Maybe there's a substitution...although it's probably all the same thing :-) Thanks for sharing! I needed a good ccc recipe.

YUMMY!!! chocolate chip cookies. I love chocolate and I like the combination of using butter and butter-flavored Cisco and this recipe has less white sugar than my recipe. I will have to try your recipe next time I make these DELICIOUS!!! cookies.
I have become a follower of your blog. I love to share recipes and ideas, come by and visit my blog maybe you can do the same.
Geri

I love chocolate chip cookies. Those look very yummy!

Hope to see you December 14-18 for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash! We'll have events all week, including a recipe linky on Thursday, Dec. 17. And we'll have prizes too! Check out my blog for more details!

Drat. I don't do Crisco anymore... I may have to go with "second best" cookies and use all butter. :)

Post a Comment