spoon

I Have A Weakness

Category: ,

Most days I can stay away from sweets and junk food. I can pass up a doughnut with ease, cake no problem, but I have a weakness for something my family calls Oatmeal on the Stove. Yes it sounds healthy right? I mean how can oatmeal be bad for you? I think the sugar and butter play a roll there. This delicious little piece of heaven is a dessert I often crave. I can try to tell myself no, but I find days later I am still thinking about Oatmeal on the Stove. This is not a pretty dessert. Definitely nothing I would server to company...at least not formal company. I have subjected my close friends to trying it.

The batch I made tonight, however, has a purpose. It was a coworkers birthday a few weeks ago and I told her I would make a treat of her choice. This is what she chose. Yes it is that good.

Give this recipe a try but don't say I didn't warn you when you can't get it out of your mind.

Oatmeal on the Stove
1 Cube of Margarine (must be margarine)
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats (NOT INSTANT)

Melt butter on the stove. Once melted add brown sugar, vanilla and baking powder. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and add oatmeal.

That is it! Eat and enjoy.

I guess there is a next step if you want to turn it into a cookie. Press it into a pan and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 10 minutes. I never, ever make it this far. It is all eaten first.

Comments (2)

Hi, I just stumbled upon this very curious recipe. I think this might be something my grandchildren would like. However, I have a question regarding the ingredients listed. You list 1 cube of margarine - my question is, what quantity of margarine is this, either in tablespoons or ounces. My dictionary defines a cube as "a regular solid with 6 congruent square faces" - I do not see such an item in the photograph, so I am at a loss at knowing the quantity required. I would very much appreciate some clarification. In over 50 years of cooking I have never come across an ingredient listing for a cube of margarine - so I look forward to learning something new. Thank your for your help.

I am sorry I didn't see this comment earlier. A cube of margarine is equal to 8 Tablespoons or 1/2 Cup. In the ingredients picture it is the yellow cube in the front of the picture. Hope you enjoy it!

Post a Comment