spoon

Apples for Dessert!

Category:

I was sitting around the other night and wanted something sweet to finish off the night. I looked in my kitchen and had nothing so the next thing I always do is check Super Cook for ideas. If you have never checked out this website you must do it asap! It is the best way to make something yummy when you think you have nothing. I ended up finding a recipe for a fried apples type dessert. I wasn't expecting much but gave it a try.

2 apples, pared,cored,sliced thin
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon honey
A pinch of cinnamon and sugar to taste
(Vanilla ice cream)

Directions
In a bowl, combine apple slices and lemon juice; toss gently but well.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add apples, any lemon juice in the bowl, and honey.
Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring gently, until apples are glazed, and tender.
Scoop into a bowl and add your cinnamon and sugar.
Serve immediately.
(While eating I decided this would be AMAZING over vanilla ice cream. Next time...)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment