spoon

Chipotle Shredded Beef in the Slow Cooker

Category: ,



When I made this dinner last week my husband said it was "money!" I took that to mean it was very good. I even liked it enough that I added it to my binder of family favorites.

I served this inside of homemade tortilla shells with grilled onions and peppers..mmmm! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

I also want to warn you that it is a little spicy. I don't like really spicy things and I loved this so you know it isn't bad. Someone like my Dad, however, who doesn't like any spice will think this is way to hot. If you want to tone down the spiciness cut back on the chilies.

Chipotle Shredded Beef
from All You April 2010 with my small changes

1 7oz Can of Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
1 15 oz Can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1 Onion Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 2pound beef chuck pot Roast
1 Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper

In a blender or food processor, puree chipolte chiles with adobo sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 1/2 Tablespoons into slow cooker; reserve remainder for another use (I didn't do this because I didn't want the whole can blended. I used two full peppers and some of the adobo sauce instead. I figured they would cook down so much in the slow cooker it wouldn't matter anyway).

Add tomatoes, lime juice, onion and garlic. Stir to combine. Season beef with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker. Place cayenne pepper on top of roast. I also spooned some of the bottom mixture up over the roast.

Cover and cook on high until beef is tender enough to shred easily with a fork, about 6 hours. Using two forks, shred meat; spoon into a serving bowl with sauce. Serve beef with warmed tortillas, and choice of toppings. We used grilled onions, peppers, and sour cream. Delicious and sure to be a family favorite!


Comments (0)

Post a Comment