spoon

Swiss Steak

Category: ,


This has been quite the week so far. I have been working long days and we have had two evening commitments. I am ready for the weekend but there is still two days left to get through. I think I can, I think I can.....

Anyway that leads me to dinner. We had planned to have Chicken Fried Steak on Tuesday night but that didn't happen because we were out of the house at dinnertime. I thought I would make them tonight but that didn't happen either since I had to work so late. What I did instead was to run home during my short lunch and throw this into the crock pot. The recipe came from Fix It and Forget It. It was easy and actually really good. I think we will be having this again.

Swiss Steak

3-4 Tablespoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 1/2 Teaspoons Dry Mustard
1 1/2-2 Pounds Round Steak
Oil
1 Cup Sliced Onions
1 14 1/2 Ounce Can Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

Combine flour, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Cut steak into serving pieces. Dredge in flour mixture. Brown on both sides in oil in saucepan. Place in slow cooker. Add onions. Combine tomatoes, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 3-5 hours.

Hope you enjoy it!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment