spoon

Monkey Bars

Category: ,

I don't have a picture of these to put up with this post at the moment but so many people have asked me what Monkey Bars are that I have to share. I made these for the first time over the summer for my husband to take camping. I thought they were really good and light tasting. Perfect little snack or breakfast.

Monkey Bars
from Woman's Day September 2010

1 2/3 Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas (about 5 bananas)
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Oil
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15 x 10 baking pan with nonstick foil letting the foil extend about 2 inches above the pan at both ends.,

Whisk mashed banana, sugar, oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly. Whisk in flour just until blended gently stir in 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.

Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

Holding foil by ends, left from pan onto a cutting board. Carefully cut lengthwise in 4 strips and then cut each strip in 10; remove foil.

Eat and enjoy! I have frozen these and they seem to hold up well.

Comments (2)

Oooh, I bet these are scrumptious! :)

I thought they were :)

Post a Comment