spoon

Simple Pork and Apple Bake

Category:


I saw this simple recipe in Family Circe last May and knew I wanted to try it. I finally got around to it now that my parent's apple tree is exploding with apples. We have apples coming out of our ears! I am saving so many different recipes to try I could spend the whole weekend baking.

Now back to my dinner. The next time you have a busy day and need a warm and comforting meal pop this in the oven. It is a perfect combination of salty and sweet.

Simple Pork and Apple Bake

4 Small Apples
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 6-Ounce Package Stuffing Mix
4 Boneless Pork Chops

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core and slice 4 small apples. Place in bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; toss with 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Prepare 1 6-ounce package stuffing mix as directed and spread in bottom of 9x13 pan. Place 4 boneless pork chops on top of stuffing an cover each with apple mixture. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.

See more meals at Good Cheap Eats.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment