spoon

Homemade Basil Noodles

Category:



I was flipping through an old issue of Taste of Home and saw this recipe for Basil Pasta. Since I had just purchased a nice big basil plant at Trader Joe's earlier that day the recipe went on my list for that week. They ended up being very easy to put together and so delicious. I love homemade pasta and I love basil so really how could I go wrong?!?

Basil Noodles
Taste of Home August & September 2008

1 1/4 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves
3 Cups Flour
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Water
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil

Place basil in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add flour, process until blended. Add eggs , water and oil. Process for 15-20 seconds or until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into fourths.

On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/16 in thickness (I dream of having a pasta press for this step). The recipe says to roll up jelly-roll style and cut into 1/4 in slices. This didn't work for me though so I just sliced them all rolled out.

Hang to dry or let stand on a clean towel for 1 hour. Cook noodles in boiled salted water for 4-5 minutes or until tender, drain.

Eat and enjoy!

To see more great dishes visit Good Cheap Eats.

Comments (2)

Ooh, this looks great! I LOVE the smell of basil in the kitchen!

When you say Basil noodles, you mean it. I am impressed. I don't think I've ever successfully made pasta noodles.

Post a Comment